Sunday, November 10, 2013

WEEK 46, KOLHAPUR, INDIA

Someone once gave me a piece of advice – 

When in despair and sadness, wear something new, buy a gift for yourself and see the change. 

I saw it today. I wore something that I had not worn for a while. It had been so long, I had forgotten I owned it. So, on it came and I cannot tell you how rejuvenated a person I have been the entire day. Fresh and excited, lithe and optimistic. I should wear myself on my sleeve. Would go a long way in keeping my countenance in shape.

My appearance may be in keeping with the temperament that a new object infuses in me, but what does it do for those that fail to accept it and have succumbed. There are many that have given up, resigned from life, abstract, still and allowing it to take over. I would imagine they too live a life. A life which they have chosen according to their standards. But everyone need not follow that. Life does allow one to take off on a tangent. Sometimes it brings a tangential difference !!

I do not have a story to tell. I do not have a day to discuss. I do not have incidents to reminisce about. I have nothing and nobody to reveal. I have but just myself. And having just myself is not such a bad thing after all. At least I have something.

I may be in possession of the greatest riches in the world. I may be in possession of the greatest opportunities in the world. I may be in possession of the greatest wisdom that exists in the world. But .. if I do not have myself … I have nothing …

I may be the poorest of the poor. I may have nothing in material gain. I may have no knowledge. But … if I do not have myself … I have nothing …

If I cannot put to use the material gain. If I cannot put to use my lack of opportunity to attain opportunity, then … I am and have nothing !!

At the end of the day it is only the ‘I’ that shall strive for betterment. It is only the ‘I’ that shall attempt to achieve and overcome, it is only the ‘I’ that shall face the turmoil, take the decisions, face the accolades and the abuse. ‘I’. Nothing more, nothing less.

There will be support. There will be friends and well wishers and family and its extended avataar. But eventually it will be just the ‘I’ that shall prevail in the end. I shall have to do, I shall have to suffer, I shall get the appreciation and love, I shall prosper, I shall fail. I.

Such an important word, I. Can we ever do without it ? I do not know … see … used ‘I’ again ha haa !!

More i shall write very soon. God’s blessings to all … in love and in more …


Harish Nayak.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment