Monday, November 11, 2013

WEEK 46, BELGAUM, INDIA

I have not read a book as consistently as I have ‘The Proudest Day’, India’s long road to Independence by Anthony Read and David Fisher, in recent years. There was of course “Gone with the Wind” and Ali’s biography which were equally involving as was Nixon’s. But this one has had me engrossed somewhat frighteningly. A history of times gone by, detailed by some authentic deliberations on fact, gets you thinking on many aspects of what we observe and perceive now. Gets you thinking on several facets of our existence and the issues that we face as a nation as a community as a society. I see many incidents that became turning points in our lives connected to what history had to to say about it. No. History does not have anything to say about it, but what transpired then does reflect at times on what transpires now. And what transpires now is at times baffling to the newcomer because he has no knowledge of the past. And this I would like to believe is the problem of every problem - lack of knowledge and circumstance.

Ideally I would have liked to have marked a few instances from the book and reproduced them, but I am still only at the beginning and do wish that when I complete it there shall be ample occasion to quote and expand on many issues.

It is indeed the state of your mind … the state you wish it to be … the state which often threatens to deflate to defy and to disobey all that you may have wished to occur.

I wished a sincere day, one that would keep certain discipline and commitment .. of time and promise. And that was adhered to. Thank you mind. Thank you my thoughts. Thank you my demeanour. I enjoyed every moment of it. For, it kept its word, its regimen and its order !

At work it was a smooth run. At the evening later it was chaotic in a good sense. And at the end of the day, it seemed satisfying and content.

It is bothersome to be content and satisfied. It can be a close associate of a vagrant, but in professionalism and its unified umbilical, satisfaction and contentment must never be entertained.

And at the end of the day a little time for contemplation and thought … all is never to your satisfaction and desire ever .. there shall be moments to ponder and think what and when and where ..

More of all this tomorrow ..

Love and love ..


Harish Nayak


No comments:

Post a Comment