A quiet day ! Almost in keeping with the piousness of the moment –
the mass for Christ ! A day filled with wishes and
sincere exhortations for peace and love and forgiveness. For happiness
and joy. For reaching out to others with tidings of cheer and goodness.
So many unending adjectives and adverbs pertaining to everything that
symbolizes the good. And minus the single ‘o’, in good, in God.
Do the perpetrators of evil and hatred and terror. Of merciless
killing and destruction. Of conniving and plannings to destroy, ever
think of these symbols of good ? Do they honestly believe that motivated
evil, constructed and executed by them ever find acceptance in any form
of civil existence ?
What mode of temperament builds such human ? How do they breathe and
exist in this stifling self imposed wretched environment ? Do they not
possess normal human traits; laughter and tears and feelings ? Do they
not succumb to sleep; the most vulnerable state of any living being ? Do
they not thirst and hunger for water and food, like all others ? Do
they not clothe themselves to shelter indignity from social norms ?
Who are these people that live and think in illusion ? A mascaraed misadventure, ill-proportioned beyond redemption !!
Most of the day unfolds in spending time with such thoughts. There is
an auspicious air about, but, restrained with caution and uncertainty.
The year comes to an end. Will it end the apprehensions that we lived
with as the digits change on the calender ?
A friend of mine asked me what my expectations were for the coming year,
as is their wont at this time. I told him ” I hope I can keep living “.
Really what else can one say. If I have life if I can survive, that
would be the greatest gift to myself. In order to do something it is
essential to exist. And I seek that.
The gracious trouble taken by all in delivering their wishes on the
blog is greatly acknowledged. I wish for peace and happiness too. For
Christmas and for the coming year.
Some more interesting stuff came out from the email and I post it for your entertainment.
There comes a point in your life when you realize :
Who matters,
Who never did,
Who won’t anymore…
And who always will.
So don’t worry about people from your past,
There’s a reason why they didn’t make it to your future.
****
Enjoy..
And my love,
Harish Nayak

No comments:
Post a Comment