The daughter of an Indian Maharaja seated on a panther she shot, sometime during 1920′s
A British man gets a pedicure from an Indian servant.
The Grand Trunk Road, built by Sher Shah Suri, was the main trade route from Calcutta to Kabul.
A group of dancing nautch girls began performing with their elaborate costumes and jewelry.
A rare view of the President’s Palace and the Parliament building in New Delhi.
Women gather at a party in Bombay in 1910.
A group from Vaishnava, a sect formed by a Hindu mystic. His followers are called Gosvami-Maharajahs
An aerial view of the Jama Masjid mosque in Delhi, built between 1650 and 1658.
The Imperial Airways ‘Hanno’ Hadley Page passenger plane carries the England to India air mail, stopping in Sharjah to refuel.
The schedule wrapped in Pune and I drove back home to Mumbai. In two
and a half hours !! This is incredible timing and really smooth
movement. It was never like this before. The expressway has done it !!
But before leaving the exhibition had their wish; a poetry recitation from prominent poet's works. I recited several of his poems, sitting in one of the
classrooms. Felt a bit professorish and much like the
character, but that was about it. The poems, their words,
topics, philosophy were just too powerful and profound for anyone to be
thinking of any else. I liked what I did and I think those that were
present liked it too.
The email contained some old photographs from India in the early
years of the previous century and I thought I would share them with you.
Such a joy to go back in history. To connect now with what we see from
then. Everything around the structures has changed. The structures have
remained the same. Imperishable.
The drive has been long and arduous and even though there is no
immediate work due indeed to the holiday season, I must set my normal
routine as before.
So i shall take rest now.. Till the ‘morrow
With love...
Harish Nayak









No comments:
Post a Comment