Saturday, June 16, 2012

Good Morning Friends... Here's a short wish to start with
Today...I wish you a day of ordinary miracles
A fresh pot of coffee you didn't make yourself.
An unexpected phone call from an old friend.
Green stoplights on your way to work or shop.


I wish you a day of little things to rejoice in...
The fastest line at the grocery store.
A good sing along song on the radio.
Your keys right where you look.
A rainbow ahead of you.


I wish you a day of happiness and perfection,
little bite-size pieces of perfection
that give you the funny feeling
that the Lord is smiling on you,
holding you so gently because
you are someone special and rare.
Football just got over ! And what a treat. Disappointment in one, and disbelief in the other. Poland lost to Czech Republic and Russia lost to Greece ! Russia out of the qualifiers and so are the Poles. So disturbing to see grief among the supporters. They come with prayer and love and enthusiasm and song and dance and colors and painted faces and emblems and in the end sit there teary eyed full of despair and so much sorrow. Ahh ! Painful to observe such a condition. But there will be in the end just one winner. They know it, yet wish and show confidence that it will be them, and not the other.
In our daily affairs could we be winners all the time ? I would bet not, yet losses have been the motivation for a win. Fall off a horse, and be sure to be told by the elders or the wise, to get back up on it again. Defeat is so … putting down. Its like your entire being crumbling in front of you. At times it is so numbing that it becomes difficult to emerge out of it. It could be a situation where you were not individually responsible yet, it becomes personal. Defeat can become a chilling experience for anyone. Its after effects could mean severe depression, a complex that may never leave you, of being in thought that nothing good would ever happen to you, that this is what destiny planned for you, or worse – as per most Hindu mythical belief – these are a scourge of my past life, where i have been involved in some wrong which I never rectified and which I now repay in this birth !! I would not want to challenge that, for, it would mean blurring my vision on the respect and belief of others, but these are prominent behavioral practices.
I admire those that take it upon themselves to declare that this reversal shall be rectified, it will become positive and that they shall prove it to the world soon enough. I wonder often how they develop this courage and metal to be able to scream out this confidence. What if even after the proclamation, they were to fail. What face then would they show, where would they look and how despondent, deflated would they feel ? For me its a horror story, one that would scare me never to visit again. In professional expedience, or relevant practicality, I would imagine this to be a natural phenomena, that is experienced by all. In the entertainment world it certainly does. The bravado of self confidence in being able to deliver the goods in front of the camera or a discerning audience, could well turn out to be damp and squiggly. It is not so much the failure that embarrasses, but the bravado that accompanied your glorified effort.
Good morning lovelies .. have a swell day !

No comments:

Post a Comment